Labels

Sunday 23 September 2018

Anthony Joshua knocks out Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round to retain world heavyweight titles.

Anthony Joshua knocks out Alexander Povetkin in the seventh round to retain world heavyweight titles
 
British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua has defeated Alexander Povetkin to maintain his unbeaten record after successful winning his 22nd bout.
The 28-year-old who produced a spectacular display at the Wembley Stadium on Saturday night emphatically knocked the Russian boxer, 38, in the seventh round to retain his IBF, WBA Super, WBO & IBO World Heavyweight belts.
 
Speaking after the fight, Joshua said:  "Povetkin is a very tough challenger, he proved that tonight with good left hooks and counter punches.
I came in here to have fun, and give it my best, I knew he was strong to the head but weak to the body. I was just mixing it up.
It could have been seven, maybe nine, maybe 12 rounds to get him out of there. But the ultimate aim was to be victorious. I got my knockout streak back."
Wembley, thank you so much. Everyone involved, Team Povetkin, thanks."

No comments:

Post a Comment