Labels

Thursday 3 August 2017

Wladimir Klitschko retires from boxing




Ukrainian boxing legend, Wladimir Klitschko has announced his shocking retirement after a 21-year career in the boxing ring after winning 64 of his 69 fights.

The 41-year-old made the announcement this morning in a video where he confirmed his decision.
According to him, "I deliberately took a few weeks to make my decision, to make sure I had enough distance from the fight at Wembley Stadium,” Klitschko said in a statement released on his website. “As an amateur and a professional boxer, I have achieved everything I dreamed of, and now I want to start my second career after sports.

Klitschko who was defeated by Anthony Joshua in a heavyweight blockbuster bout back in April and the British-Nigerian boxer was hoping for another bout in Las Vegas on November 11.
The Ukrainian retires as one of the sport's true greats, having held the WBA, IBF, WBO and IBO heavyweight titles, as well as the lineal crown, and remains the second-longest serving heavyweight champion of all time behind Joe Louis with 18 consecutive defenses over a nine-year spa.





No comments:

Post a Comment