Labels

Monday 30 October 2017

98 year old moves in to look after her 80 year old son.

ada-keating-tom-keating.jpg
        A 98-year-old mother has moved into a care home to look after her 80-year-old son.
Ada Keating and her son, Tom, have always lived together as Mr Keating never married.
He moved into the Moss View Care Home in Liverpool in 2016 because he needed more care and support and one year later his mother followed to help look after her eldest son, the Liverpool Echo reported.


“I say goodnight to Tom in his room every night and I’ll go and say good morning to him,” Ms Keating, a former auxiliary nurse, said.
“When I get back he’ll come to me with his arms outstretched and give me a big hug. You never stop being a mum.”
Mr Keating, who was a painter and decorator, said he was happy to have his mother at the care home.
“They’re very good here and I’m happy to see my mum more now she lives here.”


Care home manager Philip Daniels said the pair are inseparable. It’s very rare to see mothers and their children together in the same care home and we certainly want to make their time together as special as possible,” he told the Echo.




The Independent

No comments:

Post a Comment