Labels

Monday 23 July 2018

Mesut Ozil to retire from international football.

Image result for Messi Ozil to retire from international football.

Mesut Özil took to Twitter yesterday to announce his retirement from international football. The Arsenal footballer cited racism as the reason behind the decision, saying “I am German when we win, but I am an immigrant when we lose.”
Özil, a third-generation Turkish-German, said he received hate mail and threats over his picture with Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan. In a lengthy statement, he said “It is with a heavy heart and after much consideration that because of recent events, I will no longer be playing for Germany at international level while I have this feeling of racism and disrespect.”
He went on to say that ”I used to wear the German shirt with such pride and excitement, but now I don’t. I feel unwanted and think that what I have achieved since my international debut in 2009 has been forgotten.”


Hypebeast.com

No comments:

Post a Comment