Labels

Monday 23 January 2017

Rat caught eating food from corner shop tied up as ‘punishment’

Rat caught eating food from corner shop tied up as 'punishment'

A rat has been ‘tied up and shamed’ after it was caught 

eating rice from a corner shop.

The rodent was caught by the man who runs the shop in Heyuan City, in southern China.
Yellow notes are also hung around the animal’s body, with one saying: ‘I am only capable of so much. Even if you beat me to death, I will never admit that I stole your rice.’
In the next photo, the rat seems to have changed its stance following what is assumed to be a period of physical torture, saying: ‘I swear I’ll never do it again!’
It is not known if the rat survived its ordeal.

Pic shows: The rat tied up; A set of viral photos shows how a rat was tied up and shamed after being caught stealing rice from a corner shop. The pictures are reminiscent of the infamous "struggle sessions" during Chairman Maoís Cultural Revolution, when those classed as enemies of the state would be publically humiliated or even executed. According to a netizen identified by the handle "Jiulianshanshezhang", the grey rat was caught by one of his friends who runs the corner shop in Heyuan Cityís Lianping County, in South Chinaís Guangdong Province. The netizen, aged 29, said the friend found the rodent helping itself to a bag of rice, but instead of killing the animal he captured it alive and tied it up. The incredible pictures, which were later uploaded to Chinaís Twitter-like microblogging site Sina Weibo, show all four of the ratís feet bound by tiny strings as its body is spread out against a stack of cardboard boxes. Yellow notes are also hung around the animalís body, with one saying: "I am only capable of so much. Even if you beat me to death, I will never admit that I stole your rice." In the next photo, the poor animal seems to have changed its stance following what is assumed to be a period of physical torture, saying: "I swear Iíll never do it again!" It is unclear what became of the rat in the end, but Weibo users have assumed it was met with the worst fate.
One of the signs says: ‘I swear I’ll never do it again!’ (Picture: CEN)
Some have compared the treatment of the rat to the people of China during the struggle sessions during Chairman Mao’s Cultural Revolution.
Those who were classed as enemies of the state would be humiliated or executed in public.


(metro.co.uk)

No comments:

Post a Comment